November 5, 2010

Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb

Indulgence in Death

J.D. Robb

Grade: B-

Although I came late to J.D. Robb's long-running futuristic romantic suspense series, it didn't take long for me to become a zealot for it. Seven of the series' titles sit on my all-time keeper shelf, and an additional nine earned B+ grades from me, which adds up, astonishingly enough, to nearly half the series to date. I often hand-sell the first titles at the bookstore, using my sister as an example. I tell potential customers that although the series continues after fifteen years in the making, quality remains high; one of my favorites (Promises in Death), after all, was published just last year. Then I add this as the kicker: "My sister doesn't even like to read and she got hooked on this series, reading them like candy." That said, though, Robb may be at her tipping point with the series. Make no mistake about it - I can't wait to pick up each successive book/story in the series - but "only" two of those B+'s cropped up in the last fourteen titles...while three of the four C range grades appear in that same list of fourteen.

Read this review in its entirety at Amazon.


Share/Bookmark

No comments: