August 21, 2010

Hydrangeas

Ever since spending a few days in Cape May several years ago, I've been a hydrangea lover. There, in the quaint Victorian town along the Jersey Shore, they grow on large bushes into enormous flowers. Ever since that summer we've planted and grown pots of hydrangeas; my husband actually nursed last year's through the winter and some survived this summer. But nothing can compare with what we just saw at Central Market. On a day as hot as today - probably 105 and humid - there's not a whole lot I want to do, but looking at these brightened my sour mood immensely. If you're experiencing the dog days of summer, perhaps they will do the same for you.

If you'd like, click the photos to see them enlarged.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those are just gorgeous! Figures they'd be at Central Market....Love that store.
LinnieGayl