April 23, 2010

A Secret Affair by Mary Balogh

A Secret Affair

Mary Balogh

Grade: A-

European Historical Romance

Amazon Vine just posted my review of this book, which begins...

Nearly a decade ago I finally "got" traditional Regency Romances, and fell in love with Mary Balogh. Not her single title historicals, but trad Regencies such as The Ideal Wife, The Obedient Bride, The Plumed Bonnet, and The Temporary Wife. Before "getting" trads, I'd tried one of her early single title historicals - it left a bad taste in my mouth. While I have bought the earlier entries in her Huxtable series because a good friend called them great examples of Regencies in Disguise, I've not yet read any of them. After being enthralled by A Secret Affair, I'll be moving them closer to the top of my massive TBR pile...

Click here to read the rest of my review for Amazon
Share/Bookmark

No comments: