April 11, 2010

Bluebonnets from the Highway

Dallas may be one of the most unattractive locales going, but every springtime there are patches of loveliness as a result of the wildflower planting begun by Lady Bird Johnson.

As I drove around yesterday I saw them from the highway and invite you to take a little journey in your mind. Imagine driving on an ugly interstate or frontage road, with gas fumes, big rigs, and annoying traffic, then glancing out your car window and seeing these amazing, ephemeral beds of blue:


We leave tomorrow for our daughter's high school graduation and when we return Thursday night, I'm hoping the beds of blue haven't yet faded away until next spring. If they're still there, I honestly can't think of a better homecoming to signal a fresh, new start.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks! Bluebonnets make me SO very happy. Give the daughter a huge hug from the cousin...extremely proud!!! Did you get the package?

Mel